for Lesson Plan
Students will learn a variety of internet terminology, what they do, and how they are different.
Today we will learn key terms for using the internet such as:
The (World Wide) Web
Website / Webpage
Deep Web / Visible Web
1. Click on and read the "Understanding Search Engines What is the Web?" by Google
2. When finished with the presentation, you will need to create your own digital poster to explain your term. Use the attached Google Slide to create your poster.
3. Your poster must include the following:
-Key Term with definition: Use the provided presentation for your definition.
-Minimum of 2 drawn pictures OR images from http://schools.iclipart.com/index2.php?tl=clipart&keys=&rows=5
-One Real-life connection or metaphor such as describing "A browser is the tool to get to the internet, much like a key to a car, while the car is like the search engine which actually gets you there."
-You can search by keywords or view by most popular.
-This is a COPYRIGHT FREE WEBSITE. Meaning, you may copy and paste these images with full permission from the owners and use them freely.
End of the Next Class Period
- "Understanding Search Engines What is the Web?" by Google (Google Slides Presentation)
- Internet 101 Key Term Work File
- URL for Free Images
Internet 101 Key Term Work File