SkillShare: Independent Learning
for Lesson Plan
Students will select a course of independent study to pursue and create a Google Slide presentation of their findings by following the provided guidelines.
Today you will have the opportunity to research a topic of interest to you! You will need to search a topic and follow along with the video tutorials and be ready to share your knowledge at the end of this independent mini-study unit.
1. Create your free account at https://www.skillshare.com/login by clicking the "Sign Up with Google" button.
2. You will be using the "Sign In" or "Log In" button for future sessions.
3. Select the "Begin Basic" (FREE) account version.
4. You have the option to complete the questionnaire, but it is not required.
HOW TO START LEARNING
5. Click on this link to get back to the homepage: https://www.skillshare.com/home
6. Click in the search box found at the top and type something you want to learn.
7. Once your results are populated, look at the left-side of the screen and find where it says "Class Type". Click on "Free" to see all lessons that are available to you and begin learning!
*Note: If you do not use the Free Filter, you will become frustrated that many of the things you want to learn will be locked.
In short: Use the search THEN filter the option with FREE.
Search the website and learn something new!
End of the Next Class Period
- Sign Up/Sign In Website
- Homepage website to begin searching a topic.
- Google Slide Work File
- Grading Rubric
Optional Presentation Project of What each student learned.